Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rush Over to Your Nearest Target Store!













Every year after Christmas I rush to Target, and not to take advantage of great discounts on wrapping paper and greeting cards. Rather each year as the aisles are cleared of the holiday merchandise a temporary department appears full of interesting accessories for the home. In previous years it has been called "World Market" with a somewhat rustic and global design view. This year it has been renamed "Home Design Event" with a more contemporary point of view.

Each year I come away with at least one or two great finds, for myself and projects. Last year it was a gold mine of finds for two staging projects I was working on, though admittedly one does have to wade through some less than fabulous items to locate the special pieces worth carrying away.

This year I am excited to have found this brass tone bowl made up of a series of flower shaped pieces. It has great potential for a variety of uses, unexpected in a bathroom holding several rolled up hand towels, a convenient place to hold mail on an entry table or in a kitchen holding fruit.

My all time favorite is the clock below, made of stamped metal in an chic alligator pattern, that I have in my home. The shape, color and texture (plus low price) add up to a gorgeous piece I have loved for several years.

So...go out and see if you can find yourself a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment