Sunday, January 25, 2009

Love Me Some Glitter~

I had some fun this weekend. My snowflake tree is in need a facelift for Valentine's Day, so I spent Sunday afternoon making some heart ornaments. The best thing about it was the fact that I sat at the kitchen table with Mr. One (My 8-year-old for those of you who have no idea who I'm talking about) who was working on an altered composition book. Yes, Mr. One is an artist. He was busy cutting and pasting Star Wars Lego figures to the cover. He has a sense of humor, that kid. When he showed me his finished product, he had given light sabers to a Spongebob character, and Patrick too. I just loved that we could sit there together and create. So. much. fun.


Here's what I came up with...




I just freehanded heart shapes onto some chipboard, then I cut them out, and decoupaged on some scrapbook paper. I used some distressing ink to give them a vintage-y feel, and to tone down the color, and then I glittered them all up. They turned out so cute...I wish you could see the glitter better...but I had to use "indoor lighting" (gasp!) so the photos are a little yellow. But you all are clever, and I know you get the idea. I'll have to take some pics of the tree when I'm all done. (Still have to make a few more hearts, I think.)
Have a lovely Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment