Monday, January 12, 2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Photo from Ralph Lauren


More bedroom inspiration for you all! Just thought I'd share this luscious picture from Ralph Lauren today.


What I love about this room...
  • Texture!
  • The Juxtaposition of masculine and feminine elements .
  • The antique books on the side table.
  • I adore menswear fabrics like tweed, houndstooth, and herringbone.
  • I'm a sucker for warm, neutral tones like the browns (but throw in some pink, ruffled sheets and HELLO!)

As many of you know, I am in the process of working up a design plan for our master bedroom. And since the master bedroom should be a retreat - for BOTH of us - I don't want it to be too precious or feminine. BUT, I am a woman, after all, and a girly-girl woman at that, so I do want some femininity to the room while still keeping masculine touches for the hubby. What's a girl to do? I love the fact that Ralph Lauren has combined very masculine elements with very feminine elements and combined them flawlessly. He didn't make it gender-neutral...he celebrated the differences! What a great concept. Leave it to Ralph!

Just another idea to add to my ever growing pile of inspiration. One of these days in the very near future, I'm going to have to narrow it all down...I think I have an idea of what I'm going to do...but, until then, I'm going to gorge myself on beautiful images! (Hey, at least they're fat-free!)

And so, my dear readers, go forth, inspire and be inspired~

No comments:

Post a Comment