Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Waiting for spring~

The Hubby gave me these lovely tulips for Valentine's Day. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower. As I look at them sitting on the table, I find myself longing for Spring. This winter has been a fierce one in New England, and this girl just can't wait for some warmer weather!


But the more I look at these little lovelies, the happier I feel. Studies have shown that having fresh flowers in the home is actually a mood elevator and that the flowers act as a stress reliever.


So go buy yourself a few flowers...a few dollars spent to chase away those winter blues isn't such a bad deal!


And while I'm on the subject of spring, I'm getting started on my spring cleaning a little early. I was so inspired by Shannon's pantry organization project, that I quit procrastinating, and finally started organizing my kiddo's rooms!


Lest you think that the Shabby Nest is always spic and span...here is a before photo of the boys' closet/reading nook.
After a good hour or so - and a lot of purging of unused toys and papers etc.-here is the AFTER! Now I'm even inspired to paint the inside of the closet...another project I have been procrastinating! The closet cleaning led to a good thorough clean of the whole room. And then the Princess' room got the same treatment. I'm on a roll! Thanks for the inspiration Shannon!

Edited to add: M.L over the House of Whimsy has a darling post about the Crown Pillow she bought from my Etsy store. Pop over and give her a visit! It's so wonderful to have a happy customer!!!

Have a great Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment