Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Forgotten Room

Our upstairs bathroom is the orphan room in our house. It is slated to get a total remodel, and because we plan to redo it, I have neglected it. As a result, it is one of my least favorite rooms in the entire house...second only to the dungeon basement that is waiting to be finished into our studio/office and family room. But I digress. The Nester is having a "10 minutes to a room you love" party today! And I decided to join in.



Now because I know that this room is going to be done in the next few months (that is me being optimistic) I didn't want to spend a lot of time or a lot of money doing anything to it. I just wanted to enjoy it a little more. So I decided to take the Nester at her word, and see if I could make it more bearable beautiful in just 10 minutes. It actually took me about 15 minutes, but that's close enough in my book. She's good, that Nester. Soooo let me show you what I did.

The one thing I do love about this room is that it is painted a gorgeous shade of blue. And I love the way that pale gray-blue plays off of black and white. So I have been working along that theme.

First, the poor room needed some art. This little project took me all of five minutes to accomplish. Some of you may remember my toile barn star. Well, when the Princess and I cleaned out her room the other day we discovered some more of my toile wrapping paper stuffed in the back of her dresser (her dresser used to be my craft supply station). So I cut out a couple of pieces and framed them up. They look lovely!



I already had the pretty white shower curtains (which are going to be embroidered with a black monogram one day soon), but adding fluffy white towels made the dated white and brass towel bars look much better. (They are going to be replaced with hooks along the lines of what I did in the boys room.)


The toilet paper holder was ripped off the walls by my toddler demolition team months ago, but because the room is going to be redone, I haven't replaced it. Putting the roll of TP in this basket does the trick, and looks cute!

I added a few little things I love - like this little jar of vintage buttons - just to make the room homier.


Bringing in some of the tulips from yesterday's post really helped make the room more pleasant! I just love fresh flowers everywhere...but in unexpected places like a bathroom, they really make a statement! (The tumbler that is holding them used to house our toothbrushes, but I listened to Nester and hid all hygiene products in the cabinets.)


I've shown my bathroom mistreatment before, but here she is again!

And before I let you go, I just listed this adorable pillow in my Etsy shop! Pop over and check it out!


Thanks for visiting~

No comments:

Post a Comment