Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Sweetheart Tree~


Okay, so in third grade we had a music teacher that taught us some of the most obscure songs imaginable. But there was one that has always stuck in my head... and I find myself singing it occasionally in spite of myself. It is rather sweet, and very applicable to the *heart* holiday. It's called the Sweetheart Tree.

They say there's a tree in the forest,
A tree that will give you a sign.
Come away with me, to the sweetheart tree
Come and carve your name next to mine.

They say if you kiss the right sweetheart,
The one you've been waiting for,
Big blossoms of white, will burst into sight,
And your love will be true ever more.

A little cheesy...yes. But here, my dear readers, is my sweetheart tree.





I took my glittery hearts, and added a little sheer cream ribbon. Then hung them on my thankful snowflake sweetheart tree. I left the little birdie there because he looked so happy sitting amidst all the glitter! I just love Valentine's Day!


I'm off to get some more pillows made for my Etsy...


Have a lovely weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment