Monday, February 9, 2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Today I am thinking about Creative Spaces. The hubby and I are in the process of finishing our basement so that we can have a studio/office space for both of us. So I have been thinking alot about my "dream studio".



I just love this table from Pottery Barn. The cubbies would be ideal for stashing creative supplies! I also like the fact that it is bar height...gives it a little bit of a drafting table feel.




Image from Pottery Barn

In the January issue of Marth Stewart Magazine, they had a behind the scenes peek at the creative offices at Martha Stewart. AMAZING! I love to see the spaces where people create!

And I adore looking at people's inspiration boards.






Images from Martha Stewart

If you want a lot of inspiration for creative studio spaces pick up a copy of Where Women Create. So much amazing talent! WOW! They just came out with a new issue (I've got to run and grab myself a copy!) No, they didn't pay me to tell you this...I'm just a big fan!



And lastly, a couple of the things that I have in my little computer closet/home office. You'll notice that they are cropped in very closely....because my little office space isn't done yet...as in no walls...just studs. Just keepin' it real.


I just love dance...maybe it's my20+ years of it...These photos are beautiful and inspiring to me.



And this little vignette has my little New Year's fairy (because I've decided 2009 is going to be MY YEAR! - hey, a girl's got to have goals, right?) A little dry erase board, I made using a pretty frame, some ribbon snippets, and some scrapbook paper behind glass. (Really...you can write on the glass with a dry erase marker and it will come right off.) And a pretty glittery star that the Princess painted on my Christmas giftwrap this year. It's the little things that inspire.

Edited to add: My bloggy friend Kasey over at Lola B.'s posted yesterday on her beautiful Studio/office and even talked about Where Women Create. I didn't see her post until today, but asked her if I could link to it. Pop over and take a look. BEAUTIFUL. Tell her Wendy sent ya!

Go forth, inspire, and be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment