Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two LOVE-ly Projects~

I have been a busy girl this week! With Valentine's Day right around the corner, my "spare" time has been filled with LOVE-ly projects.



First of all, the Princess' kindergarten class is having their Valentine's Party on Friday, and they have been requested to wear something Valentines-y. In my book, that is an invitation to create something fun for her to wear. So I tried my hand at applique. A very long time ago, I asked the lovely ladies at Little Birdie Secrets for a tutorial on easy appliques...and they came through for me. So here is the link. It was actually very easy!And I love the results. (So does she...she can't wait to show up at school gettin' her Valentine on!)


Because we are on a budget this year (as everyone seems to be) I was looking for something I could do for the Hubby that wouldn't break the bank. Inspired by a couple of different things that I have seen in my blog wanderings, I came up with this little project...


I found a photo on-line of the building where the Hubby and I had our wedding reception and I played around with it on Picnik (if you are at all into photography, and you've never been to this site...you should hop over right now...don't worry, I'll wait). I made the photo a little more sepia-toned, softened it a little so it would look a bit more like a painting, then added the text. Then I just used some Mod Podge (yes, by now you should know that I have a bit of a love affair with Mod Podge) to affix it to a pre-stretched paint canvas that I bought a long time ago. So my cost for this romantic little gift...FREE!

Well, I'm off to put the finishing touches on the kiddo's Valentine's teacher gifts...a mother's work is never done. ;-)

Have a lovely Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment