Monday, February 23, 2009

Roman Shade Progress













One down, one to go. I think I now have a better understanding of why it costs so much to have custom roman shades made! It has been a time consuming project, but when I weigh the approximately 60% savings I will see by making them myself it seems (almost) worth it. The only downside of this product is that the shade is a bit difficult to raise and lower, with the folds needing adjustment to lay just right. Luckily these shades will not be closed often, so not a big deal. Next time I will consider using a continuous loop bead clutch system, which will add to the cost a bit, but worth it for windows where the shades will be opened and closed often. Another good source for drapery supplies is www.draperysewingsupplies.com.

The overall look of the kitchen and family room is clean lined with a limited color palette, so having this wonderful pattern on the window treatments really works. The brown and tan colors are beautiful with the flooring, cabinetry and countertops, while the pattern introduces a fun element and helps the space from getting too serious.

Next time...I hope to have the second roman shade completed and will be moving on to drapes for the patio slider as well as lighting above the kitchen nook table.

No comments:

Post a Comment