Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bird Brain~

Since the name of my blog is The Shabby Nest I guess it should come as no surprise that I like birds. I guess you could say I have birds on the brain. Here are just a few of the winged creatures that make their home in my nest.

Some of you may remember when I found this real live nest. It looks so sweet in it's little jar next to this darling bird print.
I made this little fella for Christmas, but he is still sitting there in my Sweetheart tree...yeah, I'm leaving it up until the end of the month.

This birdie is in the Princess' room...hanging from her lamp. A toile bird...two of my favorite things in one...





And I found these darling little salt and pepper shakers at Target for only $5.99! I can't wait to use them at a Spring brunch...ooh, and on Easter! They make a lovely addition to my kitchen shelves. (And yes, I noticed that I typed my watermark wrong on the bottom picture of these little birds...I'm clever like that.)






Then today, what should come in the mail? But this beautiful, little, mercury glass bird from sweetheart Shannon over at Bless Our Nest! After reading my "Smitten" post, she saw this little beauty and thought I should have it! What a wonderful surprise! And she wrapped it in...what else?...the same TOILE wrapping paper I framed up for my 10-minute bathroom makeover. Does this girl get me or what? THANKS SHANNON!!!



Have a wonderful weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment