Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Real Life

No clever projects or fun rooms to share today. Just real life as a frazzled mommy with four kiddos.

My youngest two are boys, Two and Three, and they are 18 months apart. Two just turned three-years-old in September, and Three is 19-months. (and if you followed all those numbers you ought to be a mathematician.) The combination of their ages, and their age difference creates pure bedlam. If I turn my back even for a second they're up to something. The other morning I was treated to this...

Every fork they could fit into the honey jar was jammed into a sticky mess. How they got the lid off I'll never know...and how they fit those darned forks in there is beyond me as well, because I could barely get them out!


And this picture, well it speaks for itself. A shattered bowl of cereal and milk all over the floor. I don't give the little boys glass bowls...I'm not that crazy. They just managed to find one left over from the Princess' breakfast, and hurled it off the table. They say you shouldn't cry over spilled milk. Well, I'll be honest. I wanted to cry, but instead, I calmed myself down and reminded myself that they will be grown and out of the house before I know it, and I might even miss these times. So I grabbed the camera and captured the moment for posterity instead. It was one of my finer parenting moments.

Being a mommy to four is always an adventure. It's never boring. And although it's challenging, one thing is for sure. My kiddos are my greatest treasures!


And on a design note, yesterday I posted our half bath/laundry room over at HGTV's Rate My Space. It's rated pretty well so far, but if you liked it, please pop over and rate it here. THANKS!


Have a wonderful Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment