Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friendly Homes Friday and a project

Welcome to this week's edition of Friendly Homes Friday! This week we are visiting my darling friend Trisha. Trisha is a ballerina turned marathon runner who is the wife of a PhD student and mother to beautiful twin girls (the Princess' BFFs) and an equally beautiful baby girl who is a true delight! Because Trisha's hubby is working on his PhD, Trisha knows how to decorate frugally (something we all should be doing anyway..am I right?) and her creativity is amazing! She is a seamstress extraordinaire who even slipcovered her own sofa (which I realized after the fact that I failed to get a photo of...so sorry!) She can sew just about anything and she puts her talents to good use beautifying her home! She is thoughtful and sweet and one of my very best friends. So, I hope you enjoy...


Starting at Trisha's front door...a group of our friends made these rustic cement planters this year. Trisha has hers filled with seasonal gourds. Made me think I should pull mine out and find a way to use them for Christmas. My apologies for this picture. I should have moved the whole thing out of the bright sunlight. But ya know, that would have taken effort. :-)





Such a pretty wreath, and I love the bow!


This little wood plaque with the leaves is so cute!



I love the color these berries add to the top of her entertainment armoire .



This is one of my favorite things in Trisha's house. She needed a little more storage in her kitchen, so she refinished this hutch! I love the fabric she added to the doors, and if you look closely you'll see that she covered a set of canisters to match. Yep, that's Trisha for you!


Okay, and she made these really cute little turkey placemats...she got the inspiration from an old Pottery Barn Kids catalog...just used some fabric scraps she had laying around the house. Of course she did. :-)



Same goes for this darling Thanksgiving banner. You all know how I love a banner. I almost took this one off the wall to bring home.


I thought this was too cute for words. Love those cute little bugs.

Here they are up close. Aren't they darling?

And speaking of bugs, Trisha knows how to pin insect specimens. That's a little trick she learned in college. Leave it to her to turn it into an art form. She pinned this beautiful swallowtail. I *heart* it.

She also pinned this Lunar Moth. This is another one of those things I could have taken home with me. Isn't it exquisite?

Some of you may remember these pretty autumn blocks. Trisha is the one who made them for me. Well, she also made this pretty monogram block. Just downloaded a freebie monogram from this website, printed it on cardstock and mod podged it to a painted block. So pretty! Of course, I am a sucker for a monogram.


She had a bunch of these sweet little pumpkins scattered around. She said they're made from bay leaves. Genius.

Hope you all enjoyed today's tour. Thanks to Trisha for opening her home and sharing with us some of her lovely decorating ideas.

And now for a little project of my own...
Many of you guessed that the projects I was planning were pillows. Well, you were right! I only had enough time to finish the crown pillow, but here she is in all her glory! I hope you all love her as much as I do. I'm planning on opening an etsy store sometime in the next week or so, and I will be selling some of these pillows, and some bee ones also. And perhaps some other designs and products...depending on how productive I am in the next little while. Soooo keep checking back for my grand opening! (I tell you all these sorts of things in advance because then it makes me get to it! Otherwise I might be forced to procrastinate a bit...anyone else have that problem?)



Ah, and before you go...did you all see that the Nester highlighted my mini-Mudroom that I wrote about both here and on Blissfully Domestic. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside that she liked it! She's like a bloggy superhero!woot woot!!


Have a happy weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment