Thursday, November 13, 2008

Friendly Homes Friday~

I'm super excited about today's edition of Friendly Homes Friday! That's because today I get to share the home of someone who is not only one of my dear friends, but I am also related to her... It's my sister-in-law Alissa! (Our hubbies are brothers.) Alissa is one of the most amazing women I know. She has more energy than any other three women put together. And she puts her energy to good work being a very enthusiastic mother to four super-busy and fun little boys! She is an amazingly creative mother...I am constantly in awe at her parenting prowess. And even though she is so busy with her boys, she also has the time to be a super-talented crafter and to create a very beautiful home. I hope you all enjoy today's Friendly Home...


Our tour begins just outside the front door...isn't this display charming? Pretty pumpkins and a berry covered wreath hanging from an old garden planter cart.

She also has two of these pretty lanterns...I just love the ribbon.


This bowl is on a table in her foyer...yes, she has a foyer. I love the textures and the addition of the pretty little berry wreath for some autumn-y color.

This has to be one of my favorite parts of Alissa's house. The formal living room has a two story ceiling. I love the double windows on this wall and the huge barn star hanging in between?...well, I just love barn stars!

I thought this little pilgim couple was just too cute!
I love how she put this pumpkin on top of this old scale. I love the vintage patina of the scale. So charming!

I'm a sucker for a pretty fireplace. And Alissa really has one! The painting above the fireplace was painted by our super-talented father-in-law. I've shared some of his art before...here. I also love the long wooden container with the dried hydrangeas. So pretty.


She has a knack for display. Look at this fun box just full of little things to enjoy.

I love this idea. An old chippy mailbox mounted to a board. I bet they really use it to leave love notes for each other. I didn't ask, but I know that family pretty well ;-)


I'm not sure what this is, but I love the look of it with these cute jack-be-littles!

Alissa has cute vintage-inspired airplanes hanging from the ceiling in two of her boys' rooms. She and I joked that this photo would like it was really flying if you couldn't see the corner of the ceiling. (I tried to crop it out of the photo with no luck.)


Yep, she made this too! Old croquet mallets mounted to a board for a coat rack in one of her boys' room. She really is that kind of a girl!


I have long admired this chippy chair. It sits on the half-landing of her staircase. Isn't it pretty?



And last, I wanted to share this cute frame. I love the fact that she has a key for each member of the family...biggest to smallest. Sweet! (and if you look closely you can see me taking the picture...hee hee!)

Thanks to Alissa for letting us peek in her lovely home...I hope you all enjoyed it!

I'll be back next week with some exciting projects, so y'all come back now!

Have a lovely weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment