Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look alot...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Shabby Nest! On Friday, the kiddos and I cleaned up the rest of our fall decorations, and pulled out the boxes of Christmas goodies from the basement. Boy have I had fun! Here's a little bit of what I've been up to...


First, I put me up a garland. Since I don't have a fireplace mantel, I like to put my garland on our staircase. We do have a very pretty staircase, that turns at a 45 degree angle toward the bottom, so it really looks pretty all dolled up with a garland!

In our old house we had a formal living room, so I did two Christmas trees...a formal tree and a family tree. The house we live in now is open concept, and doesn't lend itself well to the two tree thing, so I decided to use a little bit of the "bling" from our formal tree for the garland. It gives it a shimmery feel! Love it! (wish the pictures did it justice.)


This little bird cage sits on my piano. Just filled it with some pretty toile ornaments that the Hubby bought me a few years back (he knows me so well) and some red Christmas balls. Threw down a little pine cone garland for atmosphere and voila! Easy peasy.

I loved my Halloween pixies so much, that I had to make a Christmas version. I gave her a little sparkle on her wings and dress and a cute little banner. So sweet!
My apothecary jars are lonely no more! I filled one with the the glass ornaments that I used for my formal tree, and the other with some fake snow and pretty wrapped boxes.

This is one of my favorite projects...a snowflake tree. I took my Thanksgiving gratitude tree and changed out the leaves for snowflakes. Then I added some more fake snow, another pretty package, and this pretty little bird! I found the pattern for the bird here. I am so in love with the way it turned out! Another view so you can see the rocks and the snow.

The whole vignette on top of my entertainment armoire.

Just gettin' started...much more decorating fun to come!

Have a lovely Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment