Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friendly Homes Friday~

I'm surrounded by a wonderful group of friends who are exceptionally talented. They all have beautiful homes, and I thought it would be fun to share with my readers out there some of their spaces. Thus is born "Friendly Homes Friday"!

Today I'm going to share with you the be.au.ti.ful home of my friend Lynette. To know Lynette is to love her! She has a warm, vibrant personality and she is one of those people that instantly makes you feel comfortable. When you are with Lynette you feel important, talented, and interesting! And you know, she and I, we're kindred spirits. She has a creative soul. And it comes out in her home. A few years ago, Lynette and her Hubby were lucky enough to be able to build their dream home. And since they built it from the ground up, it has her personality written all over it! It might surprise Lynette to see the things I decided to share, because I'm a detail person, and as beautiful as her home is, it's the little details that I love...


Doesn't this chair look comfy...all the furniture in her living room is the same way. I just love the colors!

Lynette loves blue! You'll see it again in a minute. I love this stained glass window.

Look at the center of this twig wreath. Lynette has tucked a beautiful little nest inside, and in the nest, real egg shells probably from some baby robins!

Here is a closeup of her living room fireplace. Love the mantel!

And this is the reason I fell in love with her living room...look at those fabulous windows! 6 over 1 cape cods with transoms above that! OH HOW I LOVE THEM. Lynette asked me once what I thought she should do for window treatments. What did I tell her? LEAVE THEM ALONE! (I really did almost shout it.) I love these windows so much, I would never cover them. And luckily, their house is in a beautiful secluded lot so privacy isn't an issue.

These stones are on her hearth...they are beautiful in their simplicity and in their message.

I loved these glitter pumpkins she had in a bowl on her coffee table.

I was planning on taking a picture of this bench because of it's lovely simplicity. We can thank Two for the decor, however. He was merrily playing with Lynette's stash of kiddo toys while Mom and Lynette snapped photos and played with her Cricut machine. (Those are too much fun...now I have to save my pennies to get one!)

Lynette loves a little sparkle! Here's a detail of some of the bling on her mantel.

And here is some more of the blue I promised you. She has these lovely built in bookcases in both the living room and great room.

This fireplace is in her great room. I love the pretty fallish display on the mantel. (Japanese lanterns are so pretty...)

Either she's a kid at heart, or she had her kids and grandkids in mind when she added this fun little detail to the greatroom. My kids love it when they come to visit. You know the Princess would love to play Rapunzel from that tower! Smart idea to put the doors there to close it off!

This stair case is in her front entry. Sorry about the photo...I was wrangling a three-year-old while trying to take it...but you all get the idea.


A closeup of the great room mantel.

Oh, and when you build your own home, you can add fun things like a Butler's Pantry! Yes you can! (Sorry about the yellow photos, no natural light in there.) The cabinets have bubble glass in them...so pretty.

On the other wall in the Butler's Pantry is 6' beadboard wainscotting...so pretty...and I love the three wreaths.
This concludes our first Friendly Homes Friday tour! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. And a special thanks to Lynette for opening her beautiful home to us!

As I was leaving, Lynette pulled out these beautiful blown quail eggs that she's been saving and gave them to me. She thought I might want them for my little nest. Don't they look cute? (blurry photo alert...sorry.)





Have a wonderful weekend~








No comments:

Post a Comment