Thursday, October 16, 2008

Winterizing and other Important Stuff

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon painting my porch. I was going to take a picture of it so you all could be proud of me, but not only is it raining here, the battery in my camera needs to be charged...so you'll either have to trust me or wait until Monday when I will hopefully have a photo. In the meantime, you can see a bit of the railing from the porch in this photo, and you will have to agree that it was in dire need of paint.

This is something I had to do before the lovely leaves of Autumn turn into the bitter cold of a New England winter. For those of you that have to deal with snowy winters...it is now the time (unfortunately) to think about preparing the house.



My to do list:






  1. Paint the porch (CHECK)


  2. Cover the air conditioner


  3. Pull up my annuals


  4. Plant tulip bulbs (and maybe some other pretty spring flowers, but definitely tulips)


  5. Rake the leaves ...yuck!


  6. Put away the outdoor furniture


Sounds fun, no? What sorts of things are on your lists?




And while we're talking about preparation....it hasn't escaped my mind that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This photo is of my Mother-In-Law and her sisters and mother. See that cute l'il punkin sitting on her mother's lap, that's my Mother-In-Law! She is truly one of the most beautiful women I have ever met. And you know what more? She's one tough cookie, that lady. She is both a breast cancer and a colon cancer survivor! She's a fighter. Thanks to aggressive treatment, she's still here with us. Thank Heavens, because I'm not sure what we'd do without her. In honor of her, and the wonderful influence for good that she is in my life and the lives of my family and many others, I want to remind all of my wonderful readers to please make sure you do self-exams and get annual mammograms if you are over 40. Okay, lecture over.


Come over and visit me at Blissfully Domestic where I'm talking about making your bookshelves beautiful! Love to see you there ! (well, I can't really see you, but you know what I mean) ;-)





Have a wonderful weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment