Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ideas a brewin'

I went and bought me some photo transfer paper the other day, because I've had an idea in the back of my mind for a while, and I thought it was time to do something about it. I fancy myself somewhat of an artist. I like to draw anyway, and sometimes my drawings turn out pretty well. I decided it would be fun to see them on fabric. And I thought, what better way to start than doing a few tees for my kiddos.

My boys love pirates. So I decided to draw them a cute little Jolly Roger. I scanned it into the computer, printed it out on some photo transfer paper, and put it on some tees for the boys. They turned out great....I LOVE THEM!



But wait until you see what I did for the Princess. Every princess needs a crown, don't ya think? (I offered to do a Jolly Roger for her as well...but needless to say she vetoed it.) So I drew a fancy little crown, scanned it in, played around with it in my photo editor so I could make it sepia-toned, then printed it out and put it on this little tee. I love the fact that it looks all vintagy! That was really the look that I was going for. She can't wait to wear it to school.




Ah, ideas are brewin'! I can see some home accessories on the horizon. And maybe even some for sale...what do you all think? Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment