Sunday, October 19, 2008

Still More Halloween Projects

So yeah, you'd think that I would be done making Halloween projects by now...but I just can't help myself. I have been meaning to make this candy corn garland since I saw it on Susie's blog clear back in September. Life being what it is, I finally got around to making it over the weekend. It was more difficult than I anticipated it being. If anyone decides to tackle this little project, make sure that you string each corn through the fattest part, and I found it easier to go at an angle rather than straight through (the corn broke less often that way). I'm glad I perservered, however, because it looks quite festive over my dining room table!

And believe it or not, I had never spent much time on Matthew Mead's website until this weekend either. (I know, I know, I guess I live under a rock.) But then I discovered his Free Halloween Templates. Oh my, but I had fun. I downloaded a bunch...and I mean a BUNCH of stuff...I still have some waiting (so you may get yet another post of Halloween decorating ideas...my apologies in advance)! But I did get around to making this fun little banner. (and you KNOW I love a banner!)
I took this closeup hoping you could see that each flag is made of handwritten letter paper (downloaded from his site also). You can't tell very well, but it gives you an idea anyway. I combined three of his different templates to give the banner a more distinctive look...and I love the way it turned out!


And just so you can all see that I was telling the truth about painting the porch, here a couple of "after" photos. See this pinch of railing? It's the same spot as the photo in my previous post. Amazing what a little paint can do.





And Thanks to Pink and Green Mama for this lovely award! I'm supposed to add this text along with it...
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be
friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is
that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are
propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to
eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text
into the body of their award.”
My nominees are Darlene at Darlene's Days
Cherry at Cherry's Jubilee
Damaris at From the Corners of my Kitchen
Shannon at Bless our Nest
Holly at Holly's Haven
Carrie at Buzzings of a Queen Bee
Lisa at Lisa Leonard Designs
Cristin at Serendipity
If you haven't had a chance to visit any of these great blogs, make sure and stop by! Tell 'em Wendy sent you!


Have a lovely Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment