Monday, October 20, 2008

Laundry Room Inspiration

I picked up this month's issue of Country Home Magazine and loved, loved, loved their idea kitchen. In particular, I loved this laundry area!

Photo from Country Home

We are still in the process of putting the finishing touches on our half bath/laundry room and this laundry gave me some ideas for how to incorporate some of the things I want to include.

Don't you love the countertop over the washer/dryer? It adds such great usable space and makes the space look more intentional! And I love the old metal locker baskets for storage. I have some of those tucked away, I'm going to have to pull them out. I also love the way they incorporated a gift wrap/craft area by putting rolls of gift wrap and ribbon on paper towel holders, and the little kraft paper contraption is great!

The compartment they put between the washer and dryer is a super idea. It's used to hold detergent and such. Too bad I have to have a huge washer and dryer to hold six people's worth of laundry or I would definitely use that idea.

All in all, what a pretty area to do the laundry...it would almost make it bearable! The color palette is so soothing, and the idea of concealing the washer and dryer with curtains is downright brilliant (and quite Nester-like, don't ya think?) Leave it to the folks at Country Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment