Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lovely Fall View and A New Girl in Town

Just wanted to share a little Autumn grandeur with y'all...


This is the view from the side porch of my house. The view was one of the biggest selling points for the Hubby and me. We bought the house in the spring and loved the view then, but little did we know what a treat we were in for when fall hit! There is nothing like autumn in New England!

I have a little confession to make, however. This photo was actually taken last fall. The color looks almost identical right now, but the Hubby has turned the side porch into a makeshift workshop right now, and the view I really have when I look out the window right now is one of blue tarp that he nailed to the posts to keep the rain out so that he could actually get our bathroom/laundry room finished. (I know you all thought that it would never be finished, but it's getting closer...I'm not going to even guess when it will actually be ready, however, so we'll all just have to wait and see...there is a good story behind the delay, but I'll save that for when it's actually ready...but I digress (Really? you're saying to yourself.)) On to other things...


This lovely photo is a circa 1970's picture of my little sister Holly and me. Weren't we cute? (I love her wrinkle-nosed smile) And why am I sharing this lovely bit of my past with you? Well, she is the reason that I started blogging in the first place. We live about as far apart as two people can live and still be in the contiguous 48 states, and we are best friends. We each have 4 kids, and neither of us has met one another's youngest. That is really hard. So she harangued me to start a blog to keep up on each other's day to day lives...and I did. And since turnabout is fair play, I've been haranguing her to start a creative blog, simply because she is one of the most creative people I know. So she did. You can find her here. Please go pay her a visit. She really just started her blog a couple of days ago, but I promise if you check on her once in a while you won't be disappointed. Just promise me you'll come back and see me again once you do. She'll act all modest and everything, but she really got all the good genes in the family... creative and otherwise...but there's no sibling rivalry here, nosiree, not here. Uh uh. Not me. But seriously folks, take a peek, you'll love her. I do. And seriously, please come back here again too. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment