Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow Flurries...and Silhouettes

Some unexpected snow flurries kept me from raking up the leaves like I had planned (well, that and the fact that it was freeeeeezing here yesterday). But since I wasn't able to willing to work outside, I had a little extra time to finish a project I've been wanting to get to...silhouettes of my kiddos.


I cheated a little bit on these. I took photos of the kiddos and then rather than tracing their silhouettes onto black paper, I simply printed the photos out on regular heavyweight printer paper, and colored them in with a black Sharpie! It was so easy. The hardest part was cutting them out. I couldn't find an exacto (spelling?) knife anywhere...so I had to use scissors - that was a little challenging! Then I framed them up and added them to a photo collage I have at the top of my stairs! So classic. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment