Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Project help and some pretty pumpkins

Hello Friends in Blogland...I need some help. See this beautiful old wrought iron bed? I inherited it from my sister-in-law. Thing is, it is sorely in need of a little love. I want to refinish it for the Princess' room, but I need a little help. Has anyone ever refinished a wrought iron bed like this?

Here are some closeups of some of the details. So pretty.

You can't tell very well in these photos, but the footboard is curved. I. love. it.
I actually really love the look of the old chippy paint, but I'm just sure it's chock full of lead. Can't have that in a house with little ones, so I've got to find a way to remove the old paint. I've tried sanding it by hand, but it didn't come off very well. Can I use a palm sander? Please help.


And finally, because Jen at Sanctuary Arts is throwing a pretty pumpkin party...some of you may remember this basket from my porch...
Well, I fall-ified it. The kiddos and I bought a bunch of sugar pumpkins last week, and I just put three of them in the basket. They looked lonely, but I wasn't sure what to add. Then today I was driving down the street and saw some lovely hydrangea bushes. I pulled over and gathered up a few. I adore the neutral colors of the hydrangeas against the orange of the pumpkins. So pretty. Very autumny. (at least until the next rain fall).





Happy Autumn~

No comments:

Post a Comment