Monday, September 15, 2008

Wall Inspiration

I must admit that I love catalogs! LOVE THEM! I also admit that I have a weakness for children's design catalogs. I'm not sure what it is...maybe the lack of pretension or the whimsy associated with decorating for kids, but it really appeals to me! Adults, kids, whatever the catalog is, they almost never fail to give me great design inspiration.


I also have a weakness for wall treatments. So when I got my latest edition of the Pottery Barn Kids catalog, you can imagine how much I loved this accent wall!

Picture from Pottery Barn Kids

I actually did something similar in the Princess' room at our previous house (let's face it, an adult would probably never use lavender silk flowers on THEIR walls - but for a princess' room it's perfect!). I wish I had a picture of it...I can't believe I didn't take one! I LOVE the way the flowers on this wall look like they are falling and piling up at the bottom. It's beautiful. Better than what I came up with on my own. I'm tucking this idea away in my files for the next time I decorate a room for the Princess. Thanks Pottery Barn Kids!

What sorts of things inspire your great decorating ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment