Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little bit of fall...

I found the box that supposedly contained my fall decorations. Hmmm....I know I had more! So while I continue the search, I have started to add a few little autumn touches to the house. First, this fun little cloche...borrowing an idea from Marie I made this little cloche out of a candle holder ($1.49 at Michael's) and a votive holder (.99 also at Michael's), glued them together, and voila! I stuffed some pretty fall fruit, leaves and berries inside for now, but wait until you see what I have brewing for Halloween!

Then I added a little bit of fall garland to my back door wreath. Just enough to make it look autumn-y!

And of course, this cute little pumpkin pillow that one of my dearest friends made me a couple of years ago (she's a super seamstress!) It helps to make the otherwise very masculine library seem a little homier!

Not much but at least it's a start! Happy Autumn! Hopefully more to come soon....now if I can just find that other box....

No comments:

Post a Comment