Sunday, September 28, 2008

Literary Pumpkins!


I saw this darling idea on Shabby Vintage Chic, a fun blog I discovered last week! I had done several projects like this when I was a little girl, but never for Halloween! (think Christmas angels) I loved the idea of folded books as jack-o-lanterns, so I spent the better part of Saturday night folding all the pages in an old paperback novel. The Hubby thought I was absolutely nuts...but after seeing the finished project, he decided it was a great idea. I'm going to make this little guy a bunch of buddies. I didn't glue the face on very tightly because the Hubby and I both decided that jack-o-lantern and his buddies would look very sculptural gracing our bookcases after the holidays are over. So I'll just remove the faces and VOILA! Kari & Kijsa suggested a similar idea here.
And because I couldn't decide which photo of Jack I liked best, here are a few more!






As you may recall, I seem to have lost/misplaced a bunch of my fall decorations, so I am kind of starting from scratch for Halloween. So this last weekend, I really caught the crafting bug and I got to work creating a bunch of cute little goodies for Halloween that I will be sharing this upcoming week! Stay tuned...


Also, before I forget, I was tagged last week by The Hinesley House to list 6 random things about myself. I must admit, these sorts of things are always hard for me because I try and think of interesting stuff, and I always draw a blank. But here it goes anyway...


  1. I danced for 25 years, right up until I found out I was expecting One. I danced precision, ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom and even Irish Step! I thought of pursuing dance as a career, but I had a bad knee because of numerous injuries, so I worked in marketing/PR for a professional ballet company instead!

  2. I suffered from infertility problems for 5 years before the Hubby and I were finally able to conceive. I guess my body figured out how it all works, because now I have four kiddos!

  3. I am an obsessive/type A personality.

  4. I was named Wendy after the character in Peter Pan.

  5. All my childhood years, my parents took us a camping in a native American teepee. (It's a nice way to camp, plenty of room, and you can build a fire right in the tent - but it takes 2 hours to set up!)

  6. As a kid and a teenager I could never sleep in past 6 am no matter how late I went to bed. It was horrible at slumber parties, because I was the only one awake in the morning....for hours!

I'm not going to pass the tag on, but if anyone wants to play, please do so and leave me a comment so I can drop by your blog and see what fun things you have to say about yourself :-)


And finally, some bloggy love from Celita at The Spices of Life. Thanks Celita!



I hope to have the winner of last week's giveaway ready to announce tomorrow. I had over 100 people leave comments and you all had such lovely things to say! (WOW! You really made my day!) So thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment