Monday, September 22, 2008

Decorating for the Diaper Set

Some of you may remember my dining room.


This is what it looks like today.

The tagline for this blog says "decorating for real life". Well this is real life right now at the Shabby Nest! Three is now 18 months old and he has learned to climb. And boy does he climb. Even though I've had three others go through this stage before him, I've never had a climber like this. He climbs on everything! So the bar stools have taken up residence upside down, underneath the dining table. I used to put them right side up, but he figured out how to push them out from under the table and up to the kitchen peninsula. He'd then climb up and get himself right into the sink where he would promptly turn on the water and soak EVERYTHING! So now they are upside down. Thankfully, he's still much to small to turn them over. For some reason, he really doesn't push the chairs up to the peninsula... although occasionally I catch him trying. Then they take up residence in the living room. The container on the table is supposed to be holding some lovely fall mums, but let's just say, they won't fare well with Three pulling all their heads off. It currently houses some plastic toys and a few sea shells that he has put in there when he's been able to sneak away and climb up on the table. I can't wait for this phase to be over. In the meantime, I'm just holding my breath and hoping that he doesn't figure out how to climb the walls! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment