Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Craftiness

Thought I'd share with you a couple of little projects that I've been working on lately.



After I did the Princess' backpack, I decided I was ready to tackle a ragamuffin garland. So I gathered up my fabric scraps and went to town! Hooray for the Nester's idea that it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful! My measurements were approximate and all I did was tear that fabric into strips (that part was very therapeutic) then tied, and tied, and tied them some more onto a ribbon. I love the rough edges...it really is ragamuffin-y (howdya like that for a word???) It looks so cute as a valance for the curtain leading to my boys' reading room/closet! I'm so pumped up I'm gonna make one for the Princess, and my new cutie-pie baby niece who I've never met because she lives 3000 miles away (sigh), and maybe the neighbor.....

I am really not much of a seamstress. I think it all boils down to the fact that I have very little patience. But I like to make things so I try anyway. The Princess got her first loose tooth about a week ago, so I decided I better make her a tooth fairy pillow. When One lost his first tooth, he received a pillow as a gift, and I thought it was so cute, I wanted each of my kiddo's to have one of their own. So I used it as a guide to make this...

The front has yummy, soft chenille and a patch pocket where the Princess can put her tooth when it falls out. Then Ms. T. Fairy can leave the money in that pocket for her to find in the morning!

The back is a darling, girly toile that I found at JoAnn's for only about $7/ yard! Y'all know how I love toile! The trim is a green buffalo check that I had left over from doing the pillows and lampshade in the Princess' bedroom. Please don't look to close...I kind of goofed it up a little. Ah well.

Here I am trying to be tricky with the camera and show you both sides at once! Now, little Miss Princess can't wait to lose that tooth...so she can use the pillow...to collect the $$$ of course ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment