Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pumpkin deals and repurposing

I went to Michael's earlier this week and they were having am awesome sale! I found some great candlesticks for 60% off! Yep, you read that right...60% off! So I snatched them up. Annnnnd, the faux pumpkins were 40% off. So I bought me a couple of creamy white ones. Then I copied all of you talented ladies out there in blogland and made me a couple of these...



I went back and forth over whether or not to paint the candlesticks black, but opted to leave them brown for now. They looked really cute with the brown and cream ribbon, and look how nice they compliment my little wooden shoe stay. (I still think I might paint them black closer to Halloween.)


I had to put this second photo in so you could get a better view of our cute rehabbed buffet. I love the green, but I've seen so many pretty white buffets lately, I'm wondering if I should paint it white. I could use your opinions if you want to leave me a comment :)



On another subject, remember this cute little banner from Two's birthday?



Well, I thought it was so cute that I couldn't just store it away. Oh no. I had to put it up in the boys' room. I think it looks really cute hanging over Three's crib. And now he has something interesting to look at when he's laying there quietly in his crib. Yeah right. He's my climber, remember? But should he chance to look up if he's laying down in his crib, he can admire the lovely banner his mommy so thoughtfully put there for him. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment