Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Absolutely Autumn

I never did find that box that had the remainder of my Autumn decor...hmmm. But I couldn't let that stop me. I'm working on a pretty tight budget this year, so I had to get a little creative. I'm slowly spreading the glow of Autumn through the house. Here are a few of the things I've come up with...

Stuffed some autumn leaves in an old canning jar we got from the Hubby's grandma. (yes, the leaves are fake...and from the dollar store...but the Hubby asked me if they were real when he first saw them...honestly.)

Love my Japanese Lanterns on top of the entertainment armoire...they play off the dark red roman shades beautifully (very autumn-y).

These cute wooden pears and acorns came from the dollar section in Target. They look so festive in this pretty glass vase with some autumn-hued ribbon tied around.
Of course who can resist dark chocolate m&m's in autumn shades? mmmmm good.
Don't they look pretty sitting together?

I got this idea from another blogger, but I'm afraid I can't remember who it was (if you are that person, please leave me a comment so I can give you credit). I am loving white pumpkins and gourds this year, and they look so cute on top of these candlesticks and blend nicely with some of my other white decor.

I started to add a little Autumn to the outside of the house too. I put some pretty miniature pumpkins and gourds in my window baskets and surrounded them with more of those dollar store leaves (all of our real leaves are still green). One day soon I'm going to go get some Mums and some Pumpkins and get me some SERIOUS fall decor going on out there! But until then, these little baskets will do the job nicely.



Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment