Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Desk

You might remember this little desk.




I wasn't sure just how to tackle a redo on this little roll-top desk that our neighbor so graciously gave us for the Princess. You all suggested I spray paint it. So I did. And it turned out very well. I chose Krylon's Fusion spraypaint in Almond. I could have perhaps gone with a little more of an Ivory. But I think I like how it turned out...sooo I'm going to live with if for a while.




The hardware was black, and in a moment of decorating genious (or perhaps more like insanity) I decided that it would be cute to decoupage the handles. I used my trusty Mod Podge and some scrapbook paper that I had used elsewhere in her room. Pretty cute...and they gave the little desk some great personality! I had to paint the screws with a little acrylic paint because they were still black and they stood out like a sore thumb...now, you barely notice them.




I found the finished product a great home right here. Now, I'm off to find a chair...oh the possibilities...


And a little P.S. on the ragamuffin backpack project; I've had some people asking how I did it. It couldn't have been simpler. I just tore some strips of fabric roughly 8" long and 1" or so wide. Then I just half-knotted them right onto the handle of the backpack. I also tied a few on the pocket (which happened to have a little bit of a strap there as well.) VOILA! Cute and personalized!

No comments:

Post a Comment