Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thrift Store transformation



I decided to check out a local thrift store last week with three of the kiddos (yes, I know it was "brave"). But they were really well behaved, and we had a great time. The Princess actually found this little treasure for me (like mother like daughter). I was going to post both a before and an after photo, but due to poor lighting, the difference wasn't as dramatic on "film" as it was in real life, so I'm just showing you the "after". The little iron scrollwork piece was originally brass-colored. I was inspired to choose chocolate brown by Kimba and this project. Thanks Kimba!! I think this little beauty will be going in the finished bathroom. I guess we'll all have to wait and see ( hee hee!)




Just had to throw this in too. The Princess had been asking me for a little bottle. All I could find was this old baby bottle so I gave it to her. Later that day I went into her bedroom and found this. Sweet! Definitely got some design talent going on there! If I do say so myself ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment