Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Birthday

Hello!

I was finding it very hard to get back into things (by that I mean cardmaking...LOL)--I just wanted to laze around a bit more. But I have upcoming birthdays to make cards for, so back to the craft room...

I have birthday cards to make for my twin nieces...yikes...2 cards at once!!! Well okay, one at a time, but two in a row and no pause in between...LOL. My nieces are passionate about snowboarding, so I wanted to show their interest in this sport on their cards. I'm going to have fun these cards. By fun, I mean because there is no snowboarding Tilda in the Magnolia collections, I'm going to have to improvise...hee hee...I just love doing this.

I have just finished this project. What do you think? You think my niece will like this?

I've made this into an easel card (my favorite type of card) and mounted it on a gift box.

The card is 6" x 6" (my usual size), so that's the size of the box. I made this into a one-drawer-only box that's 1 3/8" high, so that I can fill it with those Ferrero Rocher and Rondnoir (that's the dark one--yum yum) chocolates that the girls love so much. I can fit 16 pieces of them in the box.


This adorable Magnolia image is Tilda with Gift and she is from the So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious and if the item is not in stock, you can ask Diana to order it in for you.

Normally, this Tilda is holding a wrapped gift box, but of course I've replaced it with a snowboard. I got the shape from the internet. I drew it out on a piece of white paper, stamped some swirls and snowflakes on them, covered the entire thing with double-sided scor-tape, sprinkled cool-highlight glitter and then cut out the snowboard shape with a scissor.


I am using this project into the following challenges:

All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge #5 - Winter where you live.
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge 6 - Sparkle and Shine.
Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 77 - A gift for you.
Totally Tilda Challenge #12 - Easel card with Tilda.
Passion for Promarkers Week 80 Mega Christmas Challenge - Anything goes.
Paper Sundaes Challenge # 49 - Cut it out!
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #15 - Get embellishing!
Creative Card Crew - Birthday.
Crafts and Me Challenge #20 - Anything goes.
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #11 - Anything goes.
Crafty Catz Challenge 63 - Your choice (Challenge 57 - spots and stripes).
Allsorts Week 83 - Free and easy, anything goes.
ABC DT Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside Challenge

This is the look of the inside of the card. That striped DP is light enough that I can write my personal birthday wishes right on it.


Okay I'm done with this one and now back to the drawing board and start on the 2nd card!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit. Hope you're all enjoying this holiday season.


Stamps: Tilda with Gift from Magnolia's So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009, PSX F-1550 Evergreen forest.

DP's: from Hot Off the Press Papar Pizzazz Jackie's Vintage Paper Pad.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten and Shapeabilities 2010 Snowflake Pendant, EK Success snowflake punches, Martha Stewart double edge punch snowflake trim.

Misc.: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Dusty Concord, Recollections pearls, Vintage Attic Treasures pearls, Jewel Ritz micro-fine glitter cool highlights and lavender on the snowflakes, Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter on the snowboard, wooden button plugs that I purchased at either Michaels or Lee Valley Tools--available at hardware stores too I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment