Friday, December 17, 2010

Projects Coming Up In 2011!

{I'm linking this post up to the Nester's Linky Party today...lots of great projects in store in blogland!}

With just under two weeks remaining in 2010, I am looking forward to 2011 and the projects that are planned. I also turn 50 this coming summer, shocking for me to even write because I seriously feel like I'm somewhere in my thirties! I hope to launch a small eZine in celebration of this event and what I sense will become a new phase of my life.

One of the projects I am hoping to tackle, as a big birthday present to myself, is to bring some order and beauty to our walk in closet off the master bedroom. Wouldn't that be a dream? I'd love lots of shelving and a few drawers to store various items and my favorite pieces of jewelry. Divine, let's see if this wish can come true!


I also need to finish the Hall Bathroom Redesign. I worked on the room this past summer as part of the list of projects undertaken to write tutorials on for HGTV.com, adding a frame around the plate glass mirror. I also painted, added towel rings, made and hung the chalkboard and brought in accessories. However, part of the design plan was to also add interest on one wall using a stencil.


The stencil below was made based on a design I've used for a few projects, by Whitewall & Company. I can't wait to see what it looks like on the wall behind the chalkboard, seen above.


Another stenciling project, which has me nervous when I think about the amount of work it will require, is to add a trellis pattern to the Master Bathroom WC walls. I used this stencil, from Cutting Edge Stencils, on a tray for another tutorial. The outcome had me so happy I decided the design just had to be added to a wall somewhere in my house. We'll have to see how this progresses!



On these walls? The space also needs a window treatment and light fixture. A little jewel box of a project.


Then the biggest project of the year is creating an office, carving a bit of space out of our very large bonus room to make it happen. (This post shows the floorplan.) Following the construction there will be two fun decorating projects to complete. The first, outfitting a functional work space for myself, with a door!! The second will be designing the bonus/media room for the family. And yes, while the idea of placing an office adjacent to a media room has some drawbacks, no one typically hangs out here during the times I work. And in the end, you got to utilize and work with the space you have!


For future resale the project creates what could also be a new bedroom, with a window and closet. This helps the project make a lot of sense, for now and the future.


Moving the bonus room entry will allow access to the small office/bedroom from the hall, instead of first entering the bonus room and then the new room. This change is important for resale value.


The space will measure approximately 8x10. Small, but large enough for an office and can also accommodate a twin bed, small side table and dresser if it were to be used as a bedroom.

I hope you'll enjoy following these projects over the next several months! But first, we are in the middle of the holiday season...beginning today the kids are off from school for two weeks, with my husband taking the same time off from work. How great is that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment