Monday, December 27, 2010

My obsessive-need-to-organize-everything-in-my-house-and-life phase~

Normally, my obsessive-need-to-organize-everything-in-my-house-and-life phase hits about mid-January. But this year, it started about mid-December. I don't know if it's because 2010 was a very rough year in our family and I was just ready to cleanse our life... or exactly why it started early, but I have been on an organizational rampage for the past few weeks.



This is good, because I have already accomplished some of my New Year's goals and it isn't even the end of December...and because it is going to give me a lot of blog content for you all in the upcoming weeks, but also because I have started to feel the satisfaction of life-control that organization brings. Do you know what I mean? Or am I the only one who feels more competent and in control when things are in their places?



via The Lettered Cottage


For example, I have already oganized my pantry cupboards. I have my new mudroom area 3/4 of the way finished. Here's a little sneaky-peek of the bench in it's almost-before state (I had actually started to prime it in this pic.) Wait until you see the after!




I have also almost completed the living room. I have gone through the kids rooms with them and organized. It's almost like a nesting phase...except that there are NO new little Hydes on the way. Let me repeat that...NO new little Hydes on the way. ;-)


Of course, there are lots of things still on the to-do list. There always are. Not the least of which are health-related. The hubby and I are entirely revamping our diet. With three little boys that have Alpha-1, and with the fact that we aren't getting any younger, we felt like it was high time that we took inventory of our food intake, and changed it for the better.


Are you still there? Bored yet?? Hope not.

Because along with all of the changes around our house and in our lives, I have been obsessing over the direction I want to take this here little old blog in the new year. Don't worry, it will still feel basically the same. After all, it is me....albeit a digital, edited version of me. ;-) But I have some fun ideas that I have been wanting to implement for a while, and I think that the new year is the perfect time for that. So look for a few FUN changes to be coming your way here on the blog. Things that will make it a little bit more me.

via Southern Living


Okay, if you actually read all of my rantings, you are a wonderfully loyal reader and you deserve a star on your forehead. If you just couldn't get through all of that, then you're not reading this sentence...but you are a wonderful reader too. ;-)

Coming your way tomorrow....my two Christmas presents....and how they changed my living room for the better. One of them rhymes with Bar Pet and the other rhymes with Toffee Mable...and I'm super excited to share them both...so y'all come back now, ya hear?

xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment