Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little More Christmas~

I'm ready. No really, I'm ready. Okay, except the fact that I have to run to the grocery store and pick up a few salad fixins for Christmas Eve dinner. But all the gifts are wrapped. Those that need delivering are delivered. All the preparations are made. Now I can sit back and enjoy the last couple of days before Christmas.

We've had another run in with the stomach flu in our family this week. And it took me completely out of commission for 24 hours. 24 hours of down-time right before Christmas is SCARY if you're a type-A control freak like I am. But at least I was up and running in time to get everything ready. And, at least for the moment, everyone in my house is flu-free. (Knock on wood.)

So I'm going to enjoy some of this...





...pajama-clad littles reading favorite Christmas stories. We'll play a little Wii, watch some movies, snuggle and enjoy. This is such a magical moment in time...with a house full of wiggly little bodies who can hardly contain their excitement. I just want to soak it up, because they won't be this little forever.


Okay, so I haven't mastered the art of photographing in very low light. But I loved this scene in my living room last night, so I had to snap a pic. (And it shows -sort of- my two Christmas gifts...a new rug and coffee table...I'll tell you all about them later. I'm so excited!!)


And, in case you are in need of a last minute Christmas gift...check out these sweet little pillows I whipped up last night while sitting at my kitchen table and staring at the scene above. The downloadable graphics are found on one of my newly-discovered favorite blogs, Dear Lillie, right here. Just print them out in reverse on some photo transfer paper, iron them on your choice of fabrics and stitch up some pretty pillows.




Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment