Monday, December 20, 2010

NEW Whoville tree with a WhoDroop feature

 



Yes. The Whoville Junk Memory tree to be exact.

Bad news. It didn't make it.



 It was one of those fluky things. I went back to the tree place and inquired why it dried out so fast wondering what on earth I did wrong, and they didn't hesitate. They wanted to replace it immediately. Apparently some cut trees make the grade and some don't. And mine just got unlucky.




You know you're a blogger when you document every step. Even the 'gone' step. Good grief...

'scuse the darkish photos. They're taken at midnight. My son isn't feeling well again and wanted me to stay up abit longer 'in case.' So.. nothing a midnight photoshoot won't cure, eh?


Sheesh... I felt guilty! But I really did want a tree for Christmas that I wasn't scared to light up. 



Welcome home, quirky tree #2! Oh how I love how long your hair is! And right before I gave it a haircut so it would fit in the room, my son halted me. He suggested I hang an ornament off the tip so it would bend over in fine Whoville style.

I'm so proud of my son! *sniff*


 But the branch needed some help. So one wire hanger later....



... instant WhoDroop!


 I just twisted the wire around the branch and bent it to the desired shape. I still can't believe it worked.

3 stars complete the crazy little feature.


The tree is so skinny, that the license plates REALLY show up now. :)


I just love this Virginia one... total rust!

(plates are from Anything Goes Here Etsy)


I even got fancy and put the sleigh out for a few gifts. We went shopping on the weekend. My son wrapped my gift in a burlap sand bag.  Genius I tell ya...


The little cutie is so pretty and green all over again. And the lights are on! :)

Thank-you Christmas tree place in my hometown. You're the best!

I'm going to bed now. It's just a tad (way) beyond midnight.. eep! Nighty nite!

Ever gone through more than one tree in a season?
How do you keep your tree lush and green and flu free? :)


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


No comments:

Post a Comment