Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What To Wear to the Ballet~



I took the Princess to see Ballet West's version of the Nutcracker yesterday. Dance is one of my passions. I danced for many years (mostly jazz and modern with some ballet)...didn't exactly have the figure to become a professional...but I did work in marketing and PR for Ballet West for a few years before I had children.




The Princess inherited my passion for dance. She performed in the Nutcracker last year in Massachusetts. But I didn't find her a studio in time for her to audition this year. After last night, however, she's determined to try out next year. She wants to dance the part of a buffoon... she wants to do cartwheels across that big stage.




Last summer, before we moved back to Utah, we came out to visit for some family weddings. Because I had worked for the ballet, I was able to pull a few strings and get a private tour of the facilities for the Princess and her cousin. They actually got to stand on the stage in the Capitol Theatre. I think that did it. That's when she decided in earnest that she is going to be a ballerina when she grows up. And you know what? I hope she's right.



On the Princess: Dress DownEast Basics girl, Boots Target
On Me:
Skirt DownEast Basics, Cardigan Target, Necklace DownEast Basics

No comments:

Post a Comment