Monday, December 8, 2008

We Need A Little Christmas~

Now for a little more Christmas around here...

This wreath is actually one that I bought to put up in the spring, but I'm trying different shades of green around here this year, and I loved the soft spring green with the cranberry red table runner! I added one of my "blingy" bead garlands from my formal tree to the candle holder with a small votive nestled inside....I love the way it looks kind of snowish (yeah, I know that's not a word.)


I have a bit of a snowflake theme going on this year, so I had snowflakes "fall" from the chandelier which sits above the dining table.



Then I wrapped some green crinckly ribbon around my folded books (it's a lot more mossy green than it looks in this photo) and dangled a snowflake in front of it. Love it!




A little dollar store glittery sign. I just love it!

A detail of my "cranberry" garland on our tree.

I love texture on a tree, so I add these twig balls.


I made me a few more of these sweet little felt birds to perch in our tree.

More snowflakes.


Dried oranges, I love their luminescent quality. So pretty AND traditional.


Yep, I live in a house with an 8-year-old...but honestly, what Christmas tree is complete without Darth?



And finally, our tree! After a two hour search on Saturday, this is the little beauty that came home with us! We set it up Saturday night, but then had a little light trauma when the strands I had saved to put on the tree didn't work. Soooo.... we didn't get the little lovely decorated until yesterday (hence my late post today...I usually do my posts the day before...but I digress). I have to confess....I'm a little bit of a control freak when it comes to decorating which is why I had a formal tree and a family tree in our last house. Then yesterday in Church we were discussing the "perfect mom syndrome" and our need to have perfectly decorated homes, perfectly cooked meals, to be beautiful, well-read, etc. etc. possibly at the expense of some of the more important things in our lives...like little kiddos who just want time with mommy instead of a fabulous dinner (or perfectly decorated tree). So I let go of the perfectionism and let my little ones do 90% of the tree decorating...okay, I admit, I did tweak a little (especially where they had put three or four ornaments on one poor little branch). The kids loved every second of it...and then sat back to see what they had done. And you know what? The tree is beautiful...perfectly so. And isn't that what Christmas is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment