Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Open House

Kimba's holding a holiday open house today, and I just couldn't resist joining in on the fun. For those of you who are regular readers I hope you can put up with a few repeats (I did throw in some new stuff for you though!) And for those of you who are new...Welcome to my Shabby Nest! I hope you enjoy your stay enough that you will come back and visit again!



So to start things off...here is the garland on my staircase...

and here it is with the stockings I made for the family. You can read more about them (and see them better)here.

I just love snowflakes...

I have some "falling" from my chandelier,

and I also have some on this little tree.

I love making pixies...here is my latest addition.

And I LOVE filling apothecary jars! Oh yes I do!

If you want some easy-to-make decorations...try making some of these cute Christmas Topiary Trees. I show you how here.
Or you can make this great wreath that I found in BHG. I talk about it here. (Oh, and for you regular readers...you might notice that I moved it. I like the look of it much better on my old black cupboard.)
Nothing like a festive birdcage...just loaded it with my favorite toile ornaments and some glass balls, and voila!
And, of course, the tree. (the kiddos did a great job decorating it!) You can see some fun closeups of the ornaments here.
Oh, and since we don't have a chimney, Santa has to use a magic key to get in our house. I had the key, but I borrowed an idea from Kari & Kijsa, and put it in this jar with a little faux snow. (Love that rhyme!)



Here's a cute little snowman that my lovely mother-in-law gave me. He keeps court in the laundry room/half bath.
This little bunny (also a gift from my M-I-L) keeps watch for iceskating opportunities in the library.

Even the kiddos' rooms have a dose of Christmas cheer...you can read more about that here.
And of course, a stash of candy canes is a must.


Finally, a little of my exterior decor. You can read more about it here.


Thanks for dropping by. Stop by later this week for a pixie tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment