Monday, December 29, 2008

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday! I know we did! The day after Christmas we headed out of town, and we just returned yesterday from our trip to Maine to visit the Hubby's brother and his family. My little family loves Maine more than just about any place on earth. The kiddos get to run around and play with their cousins (and stay up really late) and the Hubby and I get to kick back, enjoy the company of our family, and eat tons of wonderful food made by my darling sister-in-law! It's heaven! And my sis-in-law also has some great decorating talent...of course, I took a few pics to share with you all... but you'll have to come back on Friendly Homes Friday if you want to see them (how's that for shameless self-promotion!)

Living room by Heather Chadduck

So now I'm back to reality, and settling in to the prospect of a New Year. I don't know about you, but the start of a new year always puts me in a nesting mood. So, today, I thought I'd share with you a lovely, warm great room. It's no secret that I'm a fan of Heather Chadduck...so you won't be surprised that this room is one of her's. I just want to point out the white buffet in the background. I asked you all a while back if I should paint my buffet white or leave it green...and an overwhelming number of you told me to leave it as is...but after you see the white one here, can't you see my dilemma? It's GORGEOUS! And, of course, I love the chalkboard - and the nailhead detail on the sofa - and the tone-on-tone color scheme. Mmmmmmmmmmm delish!

And before I forget...thanks to Elyse for this lovely award.

cottage - treasured blogger

Now, my dear readers, go forth, inspire, and be inspired~

No comments:

Post a Comment