Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Projects~

Thought I'd share with you all a couple of quick and VERY easy Christmas decorating projects.


First up...These cute little Christmas Tree Topiary thingies. So last month I pulled out all of my past issues of Christmas magazines. (I haven't had a chance to get all organized and put pages in an inspiration binder or anything smart like that.) I had a wonderful time flipping through ALL the pages, though. And I made me a list of the projects I thought I could realistically tackle.
I'm a big fan of neutral colors...whites, tans, blacks. And in one of the magazines there was a wonderful picture of some little topiary trees made of twine. I decided I could realistically tackle a project like that. I bought me some tree forms, and searched high and low without luck for twine. But what I did find was some wonderful chenille yarn. I fell in love. And now I have some fluffy, snowy trees. Every bit as pretty as the twine version.


If you want to make your own fluffy Christmas Tree Topiaries all you've got to do is find some tree forms (you can get them in the floral department of pretty much any craft store.) Since I was using white yarn, I made sure to buy white ones, but you can always spray paint them to match whatever color you are using. Then, starting at the bottom, use a dot of hot glue to attach the end of the yarn and wrap upwards. Use dots of hot glue every once in a while to keep the yarn in place. You will have to use extra hot glue on the top to make sure the yarn covers completely as it coils in to the middle. It took me about five minutes per cone. Simple. Easy. Pretty.


This wreath was inspired by one I saw in BHG. After my family picture project, I had been wanting to use upholstery webbing in another project. So when I saw a pretty wreath in this month's BHG, I decided to try it. This one was super easy too. I simply used an upholstery tack to fasten the end of the webbing to the back of the wreath form, then wrapped it all the way around. Looped a length around the top (fastened with another couple of upholstery tacks) and added a bow (again with an upholstery tack)! Simple, rustic and very pretty. I love the way it adds a touch of texture against the mirror. Annnnd...no burnt fingers from glue guns!

Happy Crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment