Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Decorating for the Kiddos and Inspire-Me Tuesday

I love to add at least a little Christmas decor to pretty much every room in the house. And since Christmas is such a magical time for the kiddos, giving them a little bit of their very own Christmas fun is important. This year I decided to put wreaths up in the kiddo's rooms...and boy! were they ever excited.

The boys' room sports this wreath with a burlap-y red bow. Then since I am planning on finally making matching stockings for the whole clan, I put these cute stockings (that I purchased when we just had One and the Princess) up on their beds. The stars really go with the feeling of their room.





In the Princess' room, I stuck to her existing color scheme by using pink accents on the wreath rather than traditional red. (And if I hadn't been trying to decorate on a budget, I probably would have found a wreath that was a little more yellow-green, but I was aiming to use what I had.) I added another cute little bird made out of fabrics already used in her room. (I plan on making some sort of Pottery-Barn-Kids-esque mobile with this birdie and some birdie buddies after the holidays.) Then I added a pink bow. And because my daughter is the Princess, she wanted a little bling, so I added a few pink beads and berries to complete the look. So fun!









And for the Inspire-me Tuesday part of my post...you have simply got to pop over and see these darling (and excessively creative) tassels that Holly from Holly's Haven has created from baby shoes her youngest has outgrown. (Okay, so she's my kid sister, but she is truly one of the most creative people I know!) And the idea of hanging them on the Christmas tree...pure genius!


Go forth. Inspire and be inspired~

No comments:

Post a Comment