Sunday, August 31, 2008

Too Optimistic

I hate to let y'all down, but the Hubby worked like a dog on Saturday and still couldn't get all of the bathroom finished. He told me perhaps I was a little too optimistic about having the bathroom finished today. It is really close though. He only has to reinstall the baseboards. Then we - and by we, I mean I - have to paint. (Sounds like kind of a big job, but it really isn't too bad.) Sooooooo....I should be able to post the BIG REVEAL in a couple of days. But, just so I don't leave you hangin' too badly, I want to post some "in progress" photos - we really don't have any before photos. The Hubby had the old linoleum and vanity torn out before we even moved in and I didn't have presence of mind enough to take pictures of the empty room before he started redoing it - what with moving in to a new house and all. So, the bathroom has been a work in progress for over a year now. But I was "optimistic" it would be done this weekend. This week for sure though! If I have to be something, I guess being an optimist isn't too bad!


Yes, I did actually let a picture with a basket full of dirty laundry get posted on my blog...but remember it is a before photo. I never have dirty laundry in my laundry room anymore (ha ha ha ha ha!!!) Okay, and both of these photos are of the 1/2 bath side of the room... that's because the Hubby was working on the other half this weekend, and I couldn't get in to take any photos!
See....in this photo the room's not even done yet and NO dirty laundry ;-)


The rest of the week should be more exciting! I have some other "before and after" projects to share. And tomorrow... an exciting announcement!


Oh, and before I forget, Darlene at Darlene's Days tagged me.
I'm supposed to list 6 unspectacular things about myself.

1. I have freckles - and a love/hate relationship with them ;-)

2. My favorite author is Jane Austen.

3. My favorite color is pink.

4. I am the 4th of 5 children. Two sisters and two brothers.

5. I love to do Pilates although I have been hard pressed to find any work out time since having my youngest!

6. I am an aspiring children's book writer. and photographer. etc. etc.

I'm not sure who to tag, so if anyone wants to play along, go ahead and then leave me a comment so I can see what "unspectacular" things you had to say!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment