Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Dining Room

Okay, so we don't really have a "Dining Room". Our house is pretty open concept, so it's really more of an eat-in kitchen. We didn't really do anything to the room aside from paint it Cathedral Gray. And it could still probably use a little something. But I thought y'all might want a little peek. So here she goes...

I guess I lied. When I looked at this picture I realized that we also replaced the chandelier. When we moved in, there was a "lovely" mauve-colored-stained-glass-and-brass fixture. It had to go. Our table is actually a Pottery Barn piece that we got at a scratch and dent store for 1/2 price!

We need to buy new chairs! We only have three chairs that are still usable (is that a word?) so we use a bench that the Hubby built on the other side of the table. It actually works great as we can squeeze three (or more) kiddos on that one side. But it would still be nice to have proper chairs!


Here's a closeup of the awesome pot. I filled it with silk Japanese Lanterns that I found at Pier 1. My theory is if you're going to use fake flowers...it's better to spend a little more and have them look realistic. These look quite real and they give an autumn-y feel to the place! Oh, and that box in the window seat...I've got my olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles stored in there... since I'm not much of a cook, I guess it doesn't matter if they go bad sitting in a sunny window (they're actually more of an accessory than anything, I've had them for almost two years, and they haven't even been opened yet ;-) )

I made these throw pillows...love the toile!

Another chalkboard...another chance to post a favorite quote!

Don't you just love this old cupboard! The Hubby and I rescued it from his parents' house. They were tearing down an old shed where it had been for years! We brought it home, cleaned it up, painted it and VOILA! Extra storage! (And it's beadboard too... I love beadboard!)

Finally, had to show you this cute magazine rack...I put a nail right into the old cupboard and hung it up there...it holds all my current catalogs!


Hope you enjoyed this little tour! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment