Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Kitchen...BEFORE

These photos were taken BEFORE we started work on our kitchen. And I want to stress that even though we have done a lot...and I do mean a lot of work to the kitchen, it is still a work in progress. But I'll get to that.


The Hubby did all the work himself (with a little help from a friend here and there) so it took a while. We lived on this lovely orange Tyvek for a number of weeks before the tile finally got done. The refrigerator was in the Library...it made cooking a lot of fun ;-)








This picture shows my pretty "floating" cabinet, and the nice white hood over the stove. Oh, and just for Kim at Today's Creative Blog I've got some counter clutter going on here (even a partially eaten apple - how disgusting! It took a lot for me to post a picture of my house looking like this). Oh yeah, and on the window, the lovely vertical blinds that were all over this house when we moved in.




In this picture, The Hubby has finished the tile...that made a world of difference by itself, we put the refrigerator back AND The Hubby finished putting beadboard up on the bar (and I painted it black...yes, I did do some of the work...) We also replaced the old brass hardware on the cabinets with black hardware. But we didn't like the oak. It still looked dated. So out came the paintbrushes...
And if you want to see what happened you'll have to join me back here on Monday.

But here's a teaser... (notice how it doesn't really show you anything...wahahaha (imagine an evil laugh sound) that's so you'll really come back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment