Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mistreatments

I have been a big fan of The Nester since I discovered her blog a while ago. I love the idea of "mistreating" because I am all about getting a lot of bang for a minimal investment (of both money and time!) She's hosting a party and so I thought I'd join in the fun and share a couple of "mistreatments" from my house.





This is the door to my boys' closet aka the clubhouse/reading area. This might not qualify as a true "mistreatment" because I did actually use the sewing machine on it (yikes!). I sewed the brown velvet to the denim...but in true "mistreatment" fashion, I glued the ribbon on with fabritac to hide the seam, and then I used upholstery tacks to fasten it right to the door moulding! (My apologies for the quality of the photo...I tried to take a new photo of this treatment this morning and it was just as bad...just can't get the lighting right for this area of that room!


This, on the other hand, is a true "mistreatment". I used left over fabric from a cushion I made for my mudbench. The window is right across the hall in the laundryroom/ half bath so it matches! I just folded, layered and tacked it to the wall! It probably could have used a little more fabric for a little more "poof" but I loved the way it cozied up my laundry room all in about 15 minutes!

Thanks Nester for letting me join the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment