Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Rub 'n Buff Happiness!

Oak Ridge Revival

Andrea at the blog Oak Ridge Revival just updated a lamp using Rub 'n Buff, with a fabulous result!


She found this Asian inspired brass lamp with great lines at a thrift store. Really?! This is the type of thrift store I'd like to visit.


But the finish. She was hoping to tone it down, more like the worn brass finish on another thrifty find of hers. 
(Is anyone else taken with the design of this bowl?)


So she purchased a tube of Rub 'n Buff in Antique Gold.


With a lampshade Andrea had on hand, this $5 find is looking quite stylish!


If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know I love this product and have used it on several projects.
After I posted about my light fixture redo using Rub 'n Buff...


before


after

...I was asked by the people at Amaco if I'd like to try any of their other finishes. I've been partial to Grecian Gold for years, but when I spotted tubes of Patina and Turquoise, how could I say no!!


Look what just arrived...I can't wait to find something to use these new (to me) finishes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment