Sunday, August 28, 2011

A junk themed campsite. Really.




Me - "So, it's gonna be nice for a week and I don't have to work. What do you want to do?"

Son  - "Go camping at Harrison."

Me - "Yeah, me too, but we should really stay home..."

But I started itching for a beach. Our last camping trip had a pool and I needed a beach fix. So, you know.. I just called a place or two to see if there was anything avail. AND THERE WAS. But only at a place we hadn't frequented before.

Then I thought of all my favorite haunts along the way to this place and THAT. WAS. IT. We had the trailer repacked in 2 hours and head out that night and arrived in the dark. :)

And when we woke up the next AM, I screamed to the point of embarrassing my son. I thought I was in JUNK HEAVEN. Let me show you around.


This is the front office to Harrison Springs Camping and RV Park.   It's a cedar shaked two story cottage with a wrap around veranda.


The resident greeter was on duty full time dishing out plenty of free smiles.



Now THIS is a laundry tub! WANT. Bet I could make this...


Tell me this isn't the coolest dishwashing station EVER.

Our camping adventure was so sudden, this is where I quickly set up SNS 96. We had to set the laptop on the picnic table for the wi fi to kick in.

Sorry about the repeat features of my stuff this past weekend.  I had plans to do new stuff until we ran out the door. My son was BEGGING me to get offline so we could start camping already but I couldn't leave you completely hanging... I think I got that post up within 10 minutes. :)

And then we unplugged for the rest of the trip.


The campsite had pretty private forest like sites, despite how close in proximity they were to each other.


Our campsite had a view of a pond with ducks galore, graced with a tire swing on a big ol' tree. It was breathtaking.

But when my eyes spotted a repeated theme throughout the site, I squealed and darted for the camera.







The theme was rusty crusty old bikes! They were everywhere. I honestly believe I held my breath until I captured everything I desired. This place was a photographer's dream.



There were also hordes of bird nests in the funkiest places as well as hidden birdhouses. It was like playing a game of Where's Waldo? I ADORE how they left nature just be.

And then there was the beach. We visited constantly!


By day.


By evening.


By dusk.


And even brought our hotdogs and camp stove and stayed until the stars shone one night. It was magnificent.

Visiting Harrison Hot Springs was like coming home.

But there really is no place like our home. And I think we're staying put for the rest of summer this time.

Well... maybe. :)

Harrison Springs Camping and RV Park is located at 740 Hot Springs Road, Harrison Hot Springs, BC. 604 796-8900.  I was not compensated for featuring this place. We just really enjoyed our stay and will be back!

More Harrison Hot Springs posts can be found HERE.

More camping HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment