Monday, August 29, 2011

Paint Chips and Fabric Swatches~

I've been staring at blue and gray paint chips all weekend.  The colors are all starting to blend together.  Isn't it amazing how very subtle differences in color can make such a huge difference in the feel of a room?  Do I want the blue with a bit of gray in it?  Do I want the one that is more saturated?  Do I want a pure hue?  Etc.  It can be a bit confusing. 


Although there are tried and true methods to picking a color scheme (I've talked about some of them over at the Fifthroom Living blog - you can read the article here) the subtleties of color differences within the same basic hue can be a challenge.  And that's what I'm up against.  But I almost have it narrowed down. I think.  So I'm curious, my dear readers, how do you finalize a paint decision when you have two or three almost identical paint colors to choose from?

In other decorating news, after an exhaustive search, the Princess and I have found the fabrics for her bedroom!!  Here's a sneaky peak at what's in store for her room.  It's going to be FABULOUS!!  Seriously. so. excited! 


Hopefully some dramatic decorating changes around here this week.  What about you?  Any big decorating plans out there??

No comments:

Post a Comment