Monday, August 22, 2011

Wallpaper Love

Some of you seemed surprised I was not taking on the project of hanging the wallpaper in the bonus room myself.


Not a chance!


First of all our home has textured walls that had to be skim coated and sanded, requiring a few layers to achieve a flat surface on which to hang the wallpaper. I've worked before with Chuck of WALLPAPERPRO on client projects that included wallpaper, so as soon as the paper arrived I picked up the phone!

{laser level thing required}

Once the wall surface was properly prepared Chuck could move on to hanging the paper. This is when two more reasons arose for why I would not tackle this myself: getting the paper hung straight and matching the pattern at the seams. Not an easy job.



And yet more reasons! The paper needed to be trimmed...


...and hung around a window! 


At this point I needed to leave, to pick up the kids at camp and meet friends for dinner. But I felt confident and excited about returning home later to see the completed job!


When I got home I was so excited to run upstairs. Would I like it?


I gasped...and wish I could capture in photos how fabulous the paper looks on this wall that is seen when first coming into the room.


{oh, do those ceiling light fixtures need to be changed out stat!}


Then I had to look at the wall closely, how were the seams matched? Beautifully!



So much remaining to be done to pull this room together, including bringing in a shelving unit along the wall to the left and finding a spot to hang the wallpaper art.


But the David Hicks Vase wallpaper certainly makes a fabulous statement which defines the room.


One last shout out to Chuck: look at the wonderful job he did hanging the paper around the window frame. If you live in the Portland area and are looking to have some paper hung, he is your man.


Wallpaper love indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment